Sunday, February 4, 2018

Embroidery Challenge for Myself

This year I decided to stop thinking about doing hand embroidery and actually do it.  I looked around online and found Pin Tangle.  She created TAST  (Take a Stitch Tuesday).  Each Tuesday is a different embroidery stitch to learn or play with if you already know it.  Here is my January take on it.  First TAST was the "running stitch."
Second TAST stitch was the "blanket stitch." I added it in different hues of gold to brown, as the ground below my addition of more running stitch as a stem on more leaves.  I also used the blanket stitch to create the flowers in peach.
 

3rd TAST stitch was the "Fly stitch", I added it under the blanket stitch in  a dark brown and to create the lavender flowers.

4th Stitch was "Detached Chain stitch."  I did it in purple.











The 5th TAST stitch was the "herringbone stitch" that I added in light and medium purple.












Finally, I finished the first month's stitches with the addition of beads and by using  it to make a project bag. 

No comments: